Sunday, February 12, 2012

Endless loops and simple twists.


Long time ago, I observed a quite different way of drawing the 'heart' symbols in a movie. I was fascinated by the ease with which one could keep drawing it a " Zillion " times, almost having the same shape over and again. Maybe it is the time of the year which reminded me of sharing something simply stupid.

Remember the day when your kindergarten teacher or members in your household gave you a nice hint to remember how to draw an '8' using two 3's. I wish I was never taught that way. Instead someone could have made a loop to resemble '0' and given it a twist to make '8'.

Any-how, look at the pictures 1 and 2 below. On the left, you see the method of drawing an '8' and 'heart' symbol, by reflection method. On the right there is method to draw it like a twisted loop. Let the color point ( Violet -> Blue -> Green -> Yellow -> "red" ) guide you.

Picture 1

Picture 2



Got some extra time to kill? Try with infinity, double-infinity, Sailor's knot ...

True Lover's Knot


The Mobius loop and fancy cartoons based on it are among my favorite online fun-art videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment